Space Invaders !

|

Today I had to stay in during lunch hour, on stand by, just in case some nitwit that was doing a conference call with a customer ran into some problem like if the customer got aggravated by his lack of intelligence and inability to handle people, then I'd have to come to his rescue and save him from the call from hell. Isn't that just the most awesome thing to experience? Trying to calm a customer down after your beloved colleague, ahem, I'll call him that for the sake of not being anymore disrespectful, managed to drive him off the edge and his every other word is 'refund'. Fun stuff.

Well while I was eating my homemade mac and cheese, waiting for my phone to ring any minute with a panicked voice at the other end, I got on wired.com, everyone checks that site right? The first article that caught my eyes was Space Invaders Remake Takes Retro Gaming to the Limit. Oh my God I love Space Invaders ! You just got to read that article, it explains word for word how I feel about retro games. I'm not some hardcore gamer myself, in fact I haven't been playing much at all the last year, but I like to play games every now and then and that's enough. But nothing beats those retro games I used to play when I was younger. Simple, cool, games.

Games today are different, all so very complicated, and while I like today's games, some I might even love, I miss my retro games. Reading that article today made me want to buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS, just to play Space Invaders Extreme. The last hand held game console I got was the Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP which was a Christmas gift from my mom. After I went crazy over it and played it nonstop, I eventually put it to the side and didn't play with it anymore. That is the reason why I held off buying a Nintendo DS or a PSP, but oh have I been tempted.

I am so aching to buy a game console, an Xbox or a Nintendo Wii, but I know I don't have much time to play games so it will probably be a waste of money. And since seeing that article the Nintedo DS or PSP are also on the radar. Ack if I could justify it so I won't feel so guilty about it...

0 comments: